CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] mirroring and scaling once again

Mariusz Bukowski wrote:

> I've read "The NIST RS274NGC Interpreter - Version 3" and "EMC Hanbook"
> (it's possible that not to carefull) and I have found nothing about mirror &
> scaling capabilities.
>
> Am I blind? :>
>
> O.K. Seriously: I'm going to retrofit miling machine in our shop. We use it
> for milling footwear forms. And it's important to me to have these
> capabilities.

Why do you expect these features to be there? High-end CNC controls like
Allen-Bradley, Fanuc, etc. have things like this. Mirroring and scaling are pretty
easy to do in a number of CAD/CAM packages, or a post processor could be
written to do it. If the tool offset is being computed in the CAM software, you
can't scale the results after that point, anyway, unless every cutting move is
done with cutter radius compensation turned on. (Or, you could scale the
tool diameter, too.)

So, how do you intend to use scaling? What software generates the toolpath?

Mariusz Bukowski 2002-09-03 21:53:05 UTC mirroring and scaling once again Jon Elson 2002-09-04 22:05:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] mirroring and scaling once again