CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2544

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-09-06 14:26:34 UTC
Mariusz

Yes the probe switch routine works using G38.2. You can also probe a
single point using the probe script under the scripts menu in tkemc. If
you want to probe an array of points you will need to write your own
routine to do that.

There is a fellow who is working on a complete probing program that takes
in parameters from the ini file and will probe a whole grid at whatever
resolution you require. This isn't quite done yet but will be put in the
repository when it is available.

Ray

On Friday 06 September 2002 12:17 pm, you wrote:
> Message: 10
>    Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 07:10:00 +0200
>    From: "Mariusz Bukowski" <mr.bukowski@...>
> Subject: probe digitizing
>
> I've read in EMC FAQ that support PROBE DIGITIZING and in NIST
> handbook: about Straight Probe - G38.2 Command. Is that mean I can
> digitize a shapes on machine controlled by EMC?
>
> Could someone tel me more about it?
>
> Thanks in advance
> mariusz

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-09-06 14:26:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2544