CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Orbicut CNC Head

Posted by Bob Simon
on 2002-09-09 06:05:26 UTC
At 09:00 9/7/2002 +0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I have this Orbicut CNC head removed from a sinker EDM. It's pics and
>details are on http://www.geocities.com/zafarsa/. Since I am a newbie with
>CNC, I was wondering where to start from to make this thing work. It has
>two 8 wire steppers (50 mm size) and two limit switches with each slide (I
>guess for making the home position). Which drivers, power supplies,
>software etc. would you suggest for it.

FWIW...The unknown object in the 6th photo is a Baumer precision limit
switch. These switches are mechanical and can repeat to a couple of
microns. I'm guessing that device is the actual home index signal. The
controller probably drives the axis to the crude limit switch, slows, then
proceeds to the precision limit to establish home.

-Bob

Discussion Thread

Zafar Salam 2002-09-06 20:01:02 UTC Orbicut CNC Head Marcus & Eva 2002-09-07 08:13:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Orbicut CNC Head Bob Simon 2002-09-09 06:05:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Orbicut CNC Head