CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc G76 screw cutting Cycle

Posted by wayne_j_hill
on 2002-09-09 22:17:33 UTC
Hello Mark,

Try my Lathe Quick Code for a free look see on the G76 thread cycle.
It calculates the G76 thread settings automatically. Even works in
Metric!

http://www.geocities.com/wayne_j_hill/LQC2000.html

Wayne

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Mark Taft <mark.taft@m...> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently looking at purchasing a CNC Lathe for a screw cutting
> application.
>
> I understand that there are special G7? instructions for screw
cutting on
> the Fanuc OTA controller.
>
> Having searched everywhere for details of these I have now given up.
>
> Can anyone help me, by sending me details of the codes.
>
> I wish to test any machine before purchase, to ensure I can do screw
> threading automatically.
>
> The machine I am currently considering is a Colchester 2000 L with
a Fanuc
> Ota controller.
>
> We need to thread lengths of Monal metal between centres (6 inch
lengths
> approx)
>
> Then take out the thread from the centre with a button tool.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Discussion Thread

Mark Taft 2002-09-09 03:28:28 UTC Fanuc G76 screw cutting Cycle kevinagilent 2002-09-09 19:48:04 UTC Re: Fanuc G76 screw cutting Cycle wayne_j_hill 2002-09-09 22:17:33 UTC Re: Fanuc G76 screw cutting Cycle