CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: THC Torch Height Control any thoughts??

Posted by ralaco
on 2002-09-10 10:50:42 UTC
Joe:
Be careful, Vladimir from Rutex, do not recommend to use their THC
with a "Software Controller".
Most of us use this Software as our Controllers.
And if you are going to Buy it, be sure your software can turn on and
off a relay on each corner you are going to cut.
Next is an answer from Vladimir regarding using Routex's THC with
Indexer LPT

The 953-000 can be interface with any kind of system. You need
following:

- a motorised torch lifter with DC permanent magnet motor 24V.
- plasma unit which can be started with external relay contact and
has relay output for Arc On (current relay)
- CNC control system with two relay outputs (1st - Plasma Start, 2nd -
Corner slow down) and one input (Go - signal)

There is wide range of PC based CNC software but most of do not have
constant velocity contouring. This is not a problem for router,
engraver or milling machine. The heat cutting machines (flame,
plasma, laser etc.) will produce uneven cut. When the CNC slows
down, the torch dives into the plate - to keep the arc voltage
constant, because the cut is wide. Your system should drive at very
constant velocity and should have relay output for corners, when it
has to slow down to disable THC.

The 982-000 might be used with plasma as well as long as the plasma is
properly screened and there is not too much harmonics interference in
8 MHz frequency band.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Regards
Raul

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "forreal_77" <forreal@a...> wrote:
> I have looked at the rutex.com site...does anyone know if this
works?

> is there any place i can go without having to purchase a 2400. kit
> to do this?
>
> anyone with expertise in this area? i do use steppers also in my
> system...i do have a on the fly joystick controlled z-axis...but i
> want automatic...
>
> any helps welcome.
>
> thanks
>
> joe

Discussion Thread

forreal_77 2002-09-10 04:50:17 UTC THC Torch Height Control any thoughts?? turbulatordude 2002-09-10 05:37:29 UTC Re: THC Torch Height Control any thoughts?? caudlet 2002-09-10 05:53:05 UTC Re: THC Torch Height Control any thoughts?? ralaco 2002-09-10 10:50:42 UTC Re: THC Torch Height Control any thoughts??