CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Use a scope to determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors

Posted by Ward M.
on 2000-01-29 10:12:42 UTC
Hans,

Right, these scopes can capture single shot events easily. I have used the
3034 to capture turn-on risetime for both current and voltage at various
points in a somewhat compltx digital and analog mixed environment circuit.
One thing that's really helpful is the Advanced Trigger Module which comes
with the four channel scopes in the 3000 series. It can be added to the two
channel scopes for extra $$$. Even without this risetime, falltime, pulse
width, etc can easily be measured on single events. It's a really useful
machine.

Ward M.

----- Original Message -----
From: "hansw" <hansw@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2000 6:39 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Use a scope to
determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors

> From: hansw <hansw@...>
>
> Ward,
> As you have your hands on this scope on a daily basis, ( I can only get to
use one some times !) What I remember is I can
> capture a fast event. I don't understand Jon's complaint that is can't do
that... Even the $1195 item can do that... what am I
> missing here...
>
> HansW
>
> "Ward M." wrote:
>
> > From: "Ward M." <ward@...>
> >
> > Hans,
> >
> > That is a pretty good scope, it's a 300MHz 2 channel and can do WAY more
> > than the TDS210 or 220. I use a TDS3034 at work, a four channel version
of
> > this one, and it is a real pleasure to use. They finally got the user
> > interface right, unlike the TDS540's. It will be interesting to see
what
> > this 3032 goes for.
> >
> > Ward M.

Discussion Thread

hansw 2000-01-29 06:39:33 UTC Re: Use a scope to determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors Ward M. 2000-01-29 10:12:42 UTC Re: Use a scope to determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors