CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stuck in Transit: Consolidated Freight

on 2002-09-10 17:39:21 UTC
Never fear Jake! Grizzly initiated a massive e-mail campaign, stating,
in effect, that they would make every effort to assure deliveries of
any shipment that went via CF. That means hiring LTL's to go to CF and
pick-up any of their products for delivery. I applaud Grizzly for it's
pro-active approach in this matter. (And I *hate* the word pro-active)!
Good Luck!

RayHex

----------
> From: jbordens <jake@...>
> To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stuck in Transit: Consolidated Freight
> Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 10:28 AM
>

> So after waiting almost 2 months on backorder from Grizzly, my 3012
> mill finally shipped a week or so ago. I was all set for delivery,
> the fine folks at CF were going to give me lift-gate and inside
> delivery.
>
> On Tuesday of last week, I called repeatedly trying to schedule
> delivery... no answer... what's going on. While the phone was
> rininging, I happened to pull up CNN.com. Headline: "3rd largest
> freight carrier goes out of business." -- "No, it can't be...", I
> think. Clicking on the link reveals my fear... a big picture of a CF

> truck.
>
> It seems rather underhanded of the company to have pulled this on
> Labor day... I'm sorry for all the people who lost their jobs that
> day...
>
> Now, I'm left trying to figure out how to get this thing. This is my

> first freight shipment, so I'm really at a loss. I'm sure some folks

> here have more experience in getting this kind of thing delivered to
> a home with no forklift or loading dock.
>
> My CF terminal is not accepting interline cartage companies... The
> same terminal tells me they're doing "limited deliveries", which
> doesn't sound like they'll be doing any special delivery services
> like lift-gates. So is my only option to rent a lift-gate truck and
> go get the thing myself?
>
> My CNC controls are sitting here mill-less. Its a pretty sad
> sight. I thank everyone from the group who helped me get them
> operational... if only they were hooked to something. ;)
>
> Thanks again for all your help. Joining the Home-CNC hobbiest club
> seems harder than I expected... hehe ;)
>
> Jake

> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........