CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Use a scope to determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors

hansw wrote:

> From: hansw <hansw@...>
>
> Ward,
> As you have your hands on this scope on a daily basis, ( I can only get to use one some times !) What I remember is I can
> capture a fast event. I don't understand Jon's complaint that is can't do that... Even the $1195 item can do that... what am I
> missing here...

The message I replied to had a long list of old Tektronix analog scopes,
like the 465, 475, 485, and so on. For repetitive signals, these scopes
are fine, but for a single-shot event, like watching a circuit power up,
or a servo amp handle a 3" move, they just don't cut it. I know!
I struggled for years with a plain analog scope, trying to capture
the information from the above mentioned sort of events by turning
the brightness up and trying to mentally record the traces before
the persistence faded. Ughh! I really don't want to do that again.

Jon Elson 2000-01-29 22:37:59 UTC Re: Use a scope to determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors Bob Bachman 2000-01-30 17:59:36 UTC Re: Use a scope to determineovervoltageneededforstepper motors