CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Halp! Ballnut/screw assembly procedures?

on 2002-09-16 22:29:54 UTC
OK I'll take a shot at this one.
It sounds to me that your ballnuts uses the same returnsystem as my
ISEL-nuts. ie no 'returntubes'. When I were to put mine back together
I wiped the inside of the nut with grease and then just placed the
balls in the threads one by one with a pair of small pliers.
When all the balls are there you need to insert a tube that is about
the same size as the minor diameter of your screw and then just
rotate the nut onto the screw pushing out the cylinder.
Hope you get the picture. Good luck.

/Henrik Olsson

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "motoproto" <alleven@m...> wrote:
> I unknowingly disassembled the ballscrews/nuts on my mill today,
and
> after studying the assembly for a couple of hours I gave up trying
> get it back together. My machine uses NSK ballnuts, each ballnut
> housing having four nylon "recirculating" inserts. The inserts are
> offset such that (I'm guessing here) half of the balls would be
> between one pair of inserts, and the other half of the balls would
be
> between the other pair? Could someone outline a basic procedure
for
> reassembling a ballnut/screw of this type?
>
> As I type this I'm imagining that I'll have to drop the bearings
one
> at a time through the hole that the "recirculating" insert fits,
> while rotating the screw so that the bearings will feed into
> the "thread." Is there a better way? Am I on the right track?
>
> I can provide pictures if it will help.
>
> TIA,
>
> Patrick

Discussion Thread

motoproto 2002-09-15 20:30:13 UTC Halp! Ballnut/screw assembly procedures? henrikolsson2001 2002-09-16 22:29:54 UTC Re: Halp! Ballnut/screw assembly procedures?