CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: O'scoping stepper OV, RH6.1Linux hardware compatibility

on 2000-01-30 15:20:45 UTC
I'm using a Creative Labs Blaster Banshee with RH 6.1, it's AGP and the only problems I have were related to the Microsoft Intellimouse. It worked with %.2 as well, I just had to find and install a driver.

I think there is some USB support, but I don't have the connectors for my
motherboard (yet). I'm thinking about it though.

Winmodems inhale. I use US Robotics 33.6 external modems because
a. I got a few given to me.
b. I can't geet anything faster to work on my phone lines.
c. They work with any OS.

----- Original Message -----
From: Multi-Volti Devices
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 2:44 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] O'scoping stepper OV, RH6.1Linux hardware compatibility

From: "Multi-Volti Devices" <multi-volti@...>

Hello:

2) Anyone know if RHLinux 6.1 tolerates AGP video cards yet? How about USB
(not important to me, but curious for future). It took me 2 seconds to
realize why Winmodems wouldn't work :O) I was disappointed, but I realized
I hate the &%@## things in Windows too!

1) I must have missed the procedure; just caught all the discussion about
'scopes. How to determine motor voltage?

Someone made reference to a Ted Lin article in Test & Measurement World
about stepper quirks, and a salient point I got from it was optimum torque
is obtained when the drive frequency is 2.3 times the motor L/R time
constant. Of course the frequency probably varies with applications (like
speed variation?) but it gives one a quantitative reference for maximum
speed and torque.

Murray