CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Engraving aluminum and stainless (laser or carbide bit???)

on 2002-09-18 06:51:49 UTC
Hi Scott,

if you have some CNC in a shop already, it might be best to convert a
Bridgeport. the extensive abilities would far surpass a simple
engraver.

just a thought.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "fuddham" <fuddham@a...> wrote:
> I nned to do some engraving on stainless and aluminum. Some of the
> parts will be round as well as flat. I would like to built/buy a
CNC
> engraver. Which would be best a laser or regular rotary cutter?
> Does anyone have and good websites for help and building any of
> these? I have a pretty good machine shop with some CNC capability.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott

Discussion Thread

fuddham 2002-09-18 06:36:35 UTC Engraving aluminum and stainless (laser or carbide bit???) turbulatordude 2002-09-18 06:51:49 UTC Re: Engraving aluminum and stainless (laser or carbide bit???) CL 2002-09-18 09:40:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Engraving aluminum and stainless (laser or carbide bit???)