CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help needed for 3 axis profiler

Posted by markpowerplus
on 2002-09-19 17:45:41 UTC
The file you refer to is a picture or Frank Ulrich's mill, Frank is
the list mom at cad cam emc yahoo group. Frank is extremely
helpful !!! There are also some more pictures in the photo section of
that list.
hope this helps a little
Mark-- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "adbpilot" <andrew.brown@v...> wrote:
> Sorry to bother you guys but I have a dilemma and need the benefit
of
> your expertise.
>
> I'm currently working on a project that requires a 3 axis profiler
> work within a volume of 2m x 1.5m x 1m. The material to be shaped
is
> 2lb/cub ft styrofoam. So far I have sourced 3 24v servo motors
> together with g-code controller. My problem is how to use the
servos
> to control a router within the working volume. Is there a set of
> drawings I can use as a template for the frame or any other
> information which may be of help. I need repeatable < 1mm accuracy
> so I guess ball screws are to be the order of the day.
>
> Looking in the files section of the site, the picture named
> Nov02$32.jpg is not far from what I'm looking for.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Andy

Discussion Thread

adbpilot 2002-09-19 13:53:41 UTC Help needed for 3 axis profiler markpowerplus 2002-09-19 17:45:41 UTC Re: Help needed for 3 axis profiler