CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 5 volts Again

dakota8833 wrote:

> Since I don't have a game port for 5 volts I got this from the PC's
> power supply. However now that I'm installing 12 volt relays for
> spindle, coolant etc I have decided to use a seperate 12 volt power
> supply mounted in my controller box for 12 and 5 volts. My question
> is, .. how much current can pins 16 though 25 of the printer port
> handle ?

That's pins 18 - 25, 16 and 17 are control signals.

> Are they tied together? Only the 5 volt circuit will use this
> ground.

Yes, they are tied together on the printer port card or motherboard.
Well, assuming you are sinking 10 mA per pin, and all of them are low,
causing the opto-coupler LEDs to be lit, then you have 13 (I think)
output signals, times 10 mA = 130 mA total. I think the wires can
easily handle that.

dakota8833 2002-09-26 12:36:31 UTC Gecko 5 volts Again Jon Elson 2002-09-26 21:32:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 5 volts Again