CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: help with gcode files

Posted by Kayla Sanders
on 2002-10-03 15:28:13 UTC
also is there an easier way to create g code that is compatible with
Kcam and master5 ect.?
BTW, what format s do master5 and Kcam read.because in the free
version of surfcam2d i only have 5 choices for post processors
(mazatrol,dynapath delta 30,Fadal format 1,Haas Vf series and Fanuc
15mb) do either one of these step/dir programs understand these
formats? cause maybe thats the reason why i get large circles to the
left and bottom of the toolpaths in the plot screens after loading
the g code file.
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Kayla Sanders" <tattoos4unme@y...>
wrote:
> i can create the g code from surfcam 2dfree and save it as an .nc
> file and it simulates fine in the built in surfcam simulator and
> also fine in "cnc simulator" and "cutviewer mill"
> but when i try to load it into Kcam or master5 i get the large
> circles to the left and bottom of the paths display that are
> attached to the toolpaths. whats the problem here? am i doing
> something wrong??
> also can anyone tell me the correct way to make a dxf file that
> converts with z axis g and m code too in Ace converter.i can do a
> single cut path but i dont know how to impliment the z axis code
> into the result in order to get to mill a part with some depth tp
it
> other than just one pass.
>
> thanks

Discussion Thread

Kayla Sanders 2002-10-03 15:13:35 UTC help with gcode files Kayla Sanders 2002-10-03 15:28:13 UTC Re: help with gcode files