CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Flat Disk servo motors.

Posted by Brian Punkar
on 2002-10-14 15:45:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "WUKSTA" <gerry@z...> wrote:
> I am new to this group,and have following Question:
>
> Will Greko G320 & G340 drives work with flat disk armature, brushed
> motors?
>
> Thanks:
> Gerry
Ha, I asked that question before as well. The answer will be yes but
you will want to use the inductive filter with them. We always have
to do that with the pancake motors and Advanced motion amps as well.

The inductance is so low on the motor that the PWM ripple current is
high if the PWM frequency is not very high. I believe Gecko has a
recommended filter design on their site or you can get them built
from advanced motion or any other motion products place.

One of these type things
http://www.a-m-c.com/products/accessories.htm

http://www.a-m-c.com/download/fc15030.pdf

Brian
BSP

Discussion Thread

WUKSTA 2002-10-14 14:59:37 UTC Flat Disk servo motors. Brian Punkar 2002-10-14 15:45:41 UTC Re: Flat Disk servo motors. Jon Elson 2002-10-14 22:26:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Flat Disk servo motors. Brian 2002-10-15 15:31:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Flat Disk servo motors.