CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

35mm plastic regrind.

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2000-02-03 06:06:44 UTC
It sounds like you are making a home made injection molding machine. I can't help you find the 35mm cans, but I think that
the guy who replied to you on the list had a good idea. I used to belong to a photography club, those guys never buy film
except in bulk, (like 500 ft rolls that they then load into the little canisters) and they would definately know where to get
hundreds of those opaque cans.
If you are wanting plastic to mold, you may be able to buy or get "re-grind" for free. I used to work for a major appliance
manufacturer and they had tons and tons of ABS and HIPS re ground from "less than perfect parts". Injection molding shops
should also have regrind that they would sell cheap from sprue and scrap parts 'n such.
I built a home made injection molding machine and mold one time on a bet. It's an interesting story if anyone cares.....