CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO board closer to working but still not

onecooltoolfool wrote:

>I got the board address problem fixed by just installing in another
>computer. There is some kind of input comming in but it is erratic
>and not working properly. I have tried a couple of encoders and the
>result is the same. The numbers flicker and jump but don't
>correspond to any real values.
>
>Does having the A and B channels reversed matter? I didn't think so.

Reversing A and B is a time-honored method of reversing the sign of the
motion.
It most certainly will not cause problems in accurately counting the pulses.

Mixing up the pairing of the signals on a differential encoder WILL
cause unreliable
reading, but most of these hobby boards don't accept differential
signals. Differential
encoders have A and A-, B and B- signals. The A- and B- are often shown
with a
"vinculum" or overbar, which I can't do here.

onecooltoolfool 2002-10-23 05:09:12 UTC DRO board closer to working but still not Tim Goldstein 2002-10-23 10:01:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO board closer to working but still not Jon Elson 2002-10-23 10:49:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO board closer to working but still not William Scalione 2002-10-23 15:10:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO board closer to working but still not