CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mach 1 Computer was: Capacitors for Geckos when using fuses

Posted by jagco1998
on 2002-10-25 22:22:04 UTC
Well, to begin with, I am using a PC that I built.

The components are probably above what most people would use for a
hobby CNC controller.But since my Intel system crapped out on me,
this is the only setup Ive got to use for now.

Im using an AMD XP 1600+(1400Mhz),Asus A7V266-E motherboard w/512mb
DDR mem,a Geforce4Ti4200 video card, running under XP pro/Win98 dual
boot.

Mach1 seems about (Im guessing by the looks of travel speed by eye)2-
3 times faster than Turbocnc. But Im not really sure as I am new to
this CNC stuff, and dont know how to determine the actual speeds of
travel.Hell< I cant even setup Turbocnc right, as thats probably the
reason why Mach1 seems to perform smoother.

As far as Mach1 setup goes..I left everything at defaults after
installing, with exception to the motor tuning, and of coarse, the
pin config for my breakout board.
I adjusted the motor setting because the motors were "slipping" and
jumping erratically during revs, when turning(I dont know the word
for this.)

If you could help me in testing the speeds of travel, then I will be
happy to post the results.

Regards,
Jim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., wanliker@a... wrote:
> Can you tell us just what you used for the computer for Mach 1,
motherboard,
> processor, speed, and video board? This might help others
including me, that
> are looking at that program. what speeds are you obtaining on the
CNC?
> Also more details on any problems with Mach 1 setup, and more
about your
> machine, a nice long report would be good......grin. I love happy
> endings........
> bill

Discussion Thread

wanliker@a... 2002-10-25 22:04:10 UTC Mach 1 Computer was: Capacitors for Geckos when using fuses jagco1998 2002-10-25 22:22:04 UTC Re: Mach 1 Computer was: Capacitors for Geckos when using fuses Dave Kowalczyk 2002-10-26 00:13:01 UTC Re: Mach 1 Computer was: Capacitors for Geckos when using fuses turbulatordude 2002-10-26 06:21:37 UTC Re: Mach 1 Computer was: Capacitors for Geckos when using fuses