CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Tonmac Mills - Good Choice for Retrofit?

Posted by natchamp_87
on 2002-10-30 12:13:45 UTC
Thanks Jerry, I'm going to follow up with the link you provided to
get info on them too. It wouldn't take too many people to make the
shipping cost dramatically reduce.
Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jerry Kimberlin <kimberln@a...> wrote:
> natchamp_87 wrote:
>
> > http://tonmac.com.cn/e/product/tonmac/index_x6323a.htm
> >
> > I can purchase this brand spankin new for 2k. Only problem is
> > shipping which is 1,700 to West coast.
>
> > I know its not a BP, but what do you guys think?
>
> It is an attractive price and machine size. In fact I might be
> interested. They are made in China, however. That may be a
> downside against which one could compare those made in Taiwan.
> See offerings at: http://www.handyage.com.tw/metal/machine.htm.
> If you go thru all the pages, you will come to the GEM500GV and
> the GEM600PV. A couple years ago these machines were offered in
> CNC versions with ball screws, etc. We were all wondering if the
> GEM500 could be had without the control, but with the ball
> screws. Inquiries never came to anything so far as I know. The
> GEMs are mill drills but very unordinary ones.
>
> I've never seen a tonmac so far as I know. They may be rebranded
> over here, of course. Have you actually seen one in the flesh?
>
> OTOH, a decent Bridgeport (Boss 6 or better with servo motors)
> can be had for less money, or so I'm told.
>
> JerryK

Discussion Thread

natchamp_87 2002-10-30 10:39:40 UTC Tonmac Mills - Good Choice for Retrofit? Jerry Kimberlin 2002-10-30 11:48:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tonmac Mills - Good Choice for Retrofit? natchamp_87 2002-10-30 12:13:45 UTC Re: Tonmac Mills - Good Choice for Retrofit? Marv Frankel 2002-10-30 13:30:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tonmac Mills - Good Choice for Retrofit? William Scalione 2002-10-31 12:54:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tonmac Mills - Good Choice for Retrofit?