CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Jenix DRO's - any experience with these?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2002-10-31 07:22:41 UTC
Ken Jenkins wrote:

> I saw some Jenix DROs on eBay (the one I was looking at went for
> $627). Anyone have an experience with these? They're from a Korean
> company but I can't find anything about them on the web.

Ken,

I bought one of these on eBay from DRO_GUY. My Acu-Rite died and I
didn't have the $$ for the Newall I wanted.
The Jenix was the only thing I could find right away that was in my
budget. For a 9x48 Bridgeport, the mounts were total junk, I made my
own. X spar sits on a 1.5 x 1.5 x .25 aluminum angle and that is covered
by the sheetmetal guard, modified slightly. Completely remade the Y
mounts, except the spar is mounted to the supplied extrusion which had
to be modified as it didn't have any mounting holes that corresponded
with the mounting points on the knee.
Overall, very satisfied, considering the price. Minor beefs:

Scale jitter now and then at .0002 resolution. Happens even with machine
off, it's not due to vibration from machining. It just can't decided
exactly where it is...

Pain to set scale resolution. Accu-Rite had a simple button to step
through .001/.0005/.0002, Jenix requires going into parameters.

Doing almost anything with the features requires more button pushing
that I think should be required.
Manual is really not terribly clear. Not bad, just not clear.

Good value for the money however, selling for about 1/2 or less than
anything else with comparable features.

Ken Jenkins 2002-10-31 05:46:19 UTC Re: Jenix DRO's - any experience with these? Jerry Kimberlin 2002-10-31 07:02:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Jenix DRO's - any experience with these? Jon Anderson 2002-10-31 07:22:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Jenix DRO's - any experience with these?