CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 0.0007" Resolution for Z axis, good enough?

Posted by Country Bubba
on 2002-10-31 15:28:06 UTC
Hey, No problem. I was trying to offer assistance. BUT, I can understand
fully what you are saying.

At this point in time, other than stupidly on my part; I have had no
problem with slippage etc.

However you go, I wish you luck.
At 10:43 PM 10/30/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Bubba:
>The reason for the cost increase is the linear strips instead of rotary, my
>father and I are working on this together and he doesnt like the idea of
>using a wire than can slip or stretch when linear scales are available for a
>little extra. Since I use my mill/drill for building match-grade rifles,
>slippage like could happen with a wire could cause massive problems if a
>hole is .001" in the wrong place, X/Y location is critical in most stuff I
>do, but depth isnt as critical as most critical parts are through-holes
>instead of plunge cuts.
>
>John

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

John A. McFadden 2002-10-31 03:54:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 0.0007" Resolution for Z axis, good enough? Country Bubba 2002-10-31 15:28:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 0.0007" Resolution for Z axis, good enough?