CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question Concerning API CMD-260 Drive Current Setting

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2002-11-03 11:39:06 UTC
Not sure of the exact motors you are using, but if it is the same
Powermax II motors I have on my Sherline than the 2.3 amps is the
setting without any additional reduction if you want the absolute
maximum low end torque. I am running then at 1.75 amps if I remember
correctly as I don't care if I lose some low end torque (I have plenty)
and it keeps everything a little cooler. You could use 1.5 and I bet you
do not see any performance difference. There is no need to run them at
the absolute maximum possible most of the time.

Tim
[Denver CO]