CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Score! Now, which axes should get which motors?

Posted by bjammin@i...
on 2002-11-05 14:39:14 UTC
At 11:18 AM 11/5/02 -0700, you wrote:
>by hand. Now with the servos the machine is easier to use manually and I
>still have not had it grab the work and spin the screw. Makes me wonder how
>much of it is armchair musing and how much is actual experience??

Chevailer CNCs with ball screws give you a manual option that completely
disables the drives. And though I said it before, the only grab and slam I
ever had was on a manual machine with Acmes. The cure is always only two
words: table locks.

Regards, Hoyt McKagen

To prevent virus propogation, don't put this addy in your book
Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
US Best MC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
Two-Wheel-Tech List - http://batwings.freeyellow.com/2whfaq.html
Never trust a fat man

Discussion Thread

Chris and Dee 2002-11-05 10:04:16 UTC Score! Now, which axes should get which motors? Tim Goldstein 2002-11-05 10:24:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Score! Now, which axes should get which motors? vrsculptor 2002-11-05 11:16:45 UTC Re: Score! Now, which axes should get which motors? bjammin@i... 2002-11-05 14:39:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Score! Now, which axes should get which motors?