CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: few questions

on 2002-11-06 04:43:33 UTC
Hi Seth,

Search the list for microwave. there was a discusson on rewiring a
microwave oven transformer. BIG and CHEAP.

Search junk yards. it's fun, you'll get stuff you never imagined,
and you may find a transformer exactly right for you.

I just scored a major win with a local graphical design shop. 2
vaccumm pumps with all the bells and whistels in enclousres a 3rd is
looming in the near future. AND a whopping big power supply, it has a
front panel switch labeled 2kw-5kw-18kw-35kw and inside are some
transformers about the size of a pair of McMaster Carr catalogues
stacked together.

Regarding pricing, in my searches, I have found that individual
transformers and individual caps offer the best value. I have not
seen if this is a good approach. but the availablilty is there and
the cost is lower. and in adition, you can mix and match voltages.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "dgmachinist" <scsm@m...> wrote:
> hi all,
>

> I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice. I am
> setting out to build my second CNC router, and I am thinking now
> that, because of the cost, I might build a homemade power supply. I
> don't know what size I will need, but I will be running motors in
> the 400-600 oz. range.
>

> Also, any GOOD recomendations on CAM programs? I am able to
> spend a bit of money and I think its time I bought one. I do mostly
> 2d woodworking, but I really want to get into 3d. I also have
> AutoCAD 2000i.
>

> Seth

Discussion Thread

dgmachinist 2002-11-06 03:20:28 UTC few questions turbulatordude 2002-11-06 04:43:33 UTC Re: few questions Brian 2002-11-06 05:41:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] few questions