CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Machining Strategies

Posted by Dan Statman
on 2002-11-13 12:15:06 UTC
Scott,

I think what this may demonstrate is that CNC-based machining is never
really just push the button and watch it go. To be a really good
CNC-operator requires the knowledge and expertise of a manual machinist.
Unfortunately the answer to your questions are not so simple, and are
usually based on years of experience. My suggestion is to find a mentor
machinist that you can talk to and learn from his experiences, or start
developing your own experimental strategy. This type of experience is
learned through many hours of scrapped parts. Try some of these machining
strategies on extra pieces of metal that you have lying around and see what
each one does.

Probably not the quick and easy answer you were looking for, but I think
there are non for this question.

Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs
www.statmandesigns.com
dan.statman@...