CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Frog Like Software For the PC

on 2002-11-15 20:48:02 UTC
Kory, Check out Dave's TurboCNC product at
http://www.dakeng.com It's multi-axis, but you need only
use one of the axes. Better yet, make it usable for your
lathe! It's shareware ($20.00 US registration), but....
WOW!

RayHex

----------
> From: kory91304 <kory@...>
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm wodering if there is any (free/public
domain/shareware) software
> out there that is as simple as the Frog Single Axis CNC
unit. I'm not
> looking for a full blown CNC software. It looks like in
order to use
> the Frog on my lathe, I'll need to buy a larger motor, a
driver, and
> a power supply. By the time I'm done, all that the frog
does for me
> is the software and the keypad. I have an old toshiba
laptop, and I
> bought a API CMD-260 driver really cheap and it will
interface
> directly to a PC's parallel port. So all I need is the
motor and a
> power supply. I do really like the frog threading
ability, though.

> Thanks,
> Kory

Discussion Thread

kory91304 2002-11-15 17:45:36 UTC Frog Like Software For the PC Raymond Heckert 2002-11-15 20:48:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Frog Like Software For the PC Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-11-16 10:35:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Frog Like Software For the PC