CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 2718

on 2002-11-19 03:29:49 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Keith Sloan <keith.sloan@u...> wrote:
> >> [What happened is that they were all set to release their 3.0
>version (which
> >> I was offering for about $3k earlier this year) for free, when
>they realized
> >> they were courting a lawsuit from AutoDesk, which owns the DXF
>format,
> >

> -- Not sure I buy that explaination DXF stands for Data eXchange
>Format it
>> might be owned by AutoDesk, but the format is documented in many
>books. There
> are many programs that read and use DXF files and I am sure they
>don't pay a
> royalty to AutoDesk for the pleasure. Its not like its one of their
proprietry
> formats which they don't publish.

I agree with Keith, there are quite a few low cost and shareware
programs out there that can read DXF.
I know we have some CAD writers on this list. Can we have a better
understanding.?

John S.

Discussion Thread

Keith Sloan 2002-11-19 02:51:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 2718 stevenson_engineers 2002-11-19 03:29:49 UTC Re: Digest Number 2718