CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo motor noises - normal?

Peter wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have one of my servo motors making a kind of shccccsshhshh (I think
>that's how you spell it...) sound during rapids and at some mid-range
> speeds, but not always. It sounds like it it coming from the brush end
>of the motor but I've checked the brushes and they look ok. The other
>two identical motors don't make any unusual noises. I haven't done a
>motor "position" swap yet to see if it's something related to the load
>characteristics or something else inside the motor but wondered if
>others get some strange motor sounds on occasion. It doesn't sound
>normal, but I don't have a lot of experience with servos. Thanks.

You don't say what servo amp you are using. How loud is the noise? You
might pull the
belt or coupler off and see if it makes the same noise without the load.

Peter 2002-11-20 19:57:02 UTC Servo motor noises - normal? Jon Elson 2002-11-20 23:37:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo motor noises - normal? Peter 2002-11-21 05:04:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo motor noises - normal?