CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Motor current measurement

Posted by Ian W. Wright
on 2002-11-22 02:48:50 UTC
Thanks,

It is the fluctuating nature of the current at the output that was
concerning me. I do have an old, simple scope - I haven't used it in years
so I guess I'll just have to get it out and dust it off and try to remember
where the on-switch is!

The driver boards I'm playing with are the 'modular' design ones by (Hans?)
which have a screw pot to adjust the current. I have them coupled up to some
4volt 1.1amp motors and I'm feeding them with 36volts. I set the sense
current up to what I think should be 1amp output and everything works OK but
neither the motors or the L298s get even remotely warm. I know this is a
good thing but it made me wonder whether I am actually getting the 1amp
output and whether the motors should be giving me more 'push'.
I was a bit wary of just disconnecting one motor lead and putting a
multimeter in series in casied the chip..

Best wishes,
Ian
--

Ian W. Wright
Sheffield, UK

The following added for automatic email harvesters!
abuse@... abuse@... abuse@... abuse@...
UCE@... abuse@... abuse@...