CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: following error problems - BDI software problems

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-11-28 18:25:14 UTC
General support for 1284 doesn't have to be in there but the driver that
Jon E has written is a direct to epp driver. The EMC is not dependent
upon normal Linux device drivers 'cause it has and uses it's own.

Ray

>    From: "got_milk_eh" <got_milk_eh@...>
> Subject: following error problems - BDI software problems
>
> Hi,
>    After some checking I think my following error problems may lie
> with the BDI itself.  The version I have is kernel 2.2.18  The
> stepper board uses 1284 signalling to communicate.  2.2.18 linux
> needs to be patched to support 1284 through the parport module.  I
> don't see this being loaded on startup.  So the question I have for
> the BDI people, has this patch been applied to the kernel that goes
> with 2.2.18 on the BDI or is there a compiled module available that
> I can load?  Thanks,

Discussion Thread

got_milk_eh 2002-11-28 13:24:15 UTC following error problems - BDI software problems Ray Henry 2002-11-28 18:25:14 UTC Re: following error problems - BDI software problems Jon Elson 2002-11-28 22:11:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] following error problems - BDI software problems