CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 3 axis home and limit switches

Posted by caudlet
on 2002-12-03 05:56:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "res0clvs" <rob.will@v...> wrote:
> I intend to use nine (9) normally closed switchs. Connect one end
of home switches to pport pins 10, 12, 13, do I connect the other end
to pin 25?

> Six (6) limit switches two per axis. Three connected in series to
pin 11 for one direction, and three connected in series to pin 15 for
the other direction, do I connect the other end to pin 25? I assume
Turbocnc will know which axis is at limit.

> Robert Williams
> Moreno Valley, CA

Robert: If switches are connected in series there is no way for the
controller software to which one is tripped. Just like if one light
burns out in a single string christmas light string you don't know
which one it is. While the switches can share the same common (gnd
or +5) they each have to go back to a seperate input pin in order to
be "decoded". If you do hook them in series all you can do is issue
an e-stop to the controller and you will have to manually back the
axis of the stop. If you chose gnd (pin 25 on the pport) as the
common then you will need pullup resistors (1K 1/4W) up to + 5 on
each of the input pin lines so you get a solid "on" when a switch
gets tripped.

Discussion Thread

res0clvs 2002-12-03 05:30:47 UTC 3 axis home and limit switches caudlet 2002-12-03 05:56:41 UTC Re: 3 axis home and limit switches res0clvs 2002-12-03 07:59:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis home and limit switches caudlet 2002-12-03 14:21:33 UTC Re: 3 axis home and limit switches Robert Campbell 2002-12-03 16:06:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis home and limit switches