CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Toroid transformer temperature

Posted by echnidna
on 2002-12-04 15:10:04 UTC
Most if not all modern winding wire is safe at a minimum 100C so the 80C quoted is a safe conservative estimate. Caudlet and I both used a reasonable approxiamation of 80C to avoid highly technical discussions that are heading off list.

Dave is absolutely correct about the technical procedure to establish mean temperatures of motors and transformers. The same procedures can be used to determine safe operating parameters for stepper (and other) motors if data sheets are not available.

When I have a little more free time I will do a post on how to accurately determine detent torque, holding torque and volts and amps for unknown stepper motors

Regards
Bob Thomas