CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solid Models?

on 2002-12-05 11:13:26 UTC
Hi Chris,

I have the old 3.36v, and I have yet to download a new one! I'll check
for the new features. Tried to download last night, but I think the
server was over-stressed.

Yeah, I'd like to see DWG & DXF stuff, but they are vector formats,
which may not fit in will with all the bitmap stuff he does. And I
wouldn't want BITMAP vers. of these vector files!

I also discovered (luckily just before I was going to start making
chips) that I had the center-center spacing of a set of holes off in my
drawing, and the part needs to be about 1/8" longer. I had already cut
the raw stock, which was already 2.5", and not the 2.625" wide. First
clue was when I laid Stuart's sole plate (engine base) on top of the
stock. Too short! Oh well. The holes would fit, just barely, but I
think I'll fix the drawing and generate everything again. :>|

I've taken to printing out little 1:1 "paper dolls" of the parts, to aid
in setup and picking stock. Trouble is, if the drawing is wrong...

Alan KM6VV
(measure twice, cut once)

Chris L wrote:

> Ah... Irfanview ! A must Have proggy ! You do know it has an Excellent
> "Capture" mode allowing you to avoid "Print Screen"?
>
> I wish it allowed viewing of DWG's and also DWF's with linking
> capability ! I dont think it will happen though. Cad drawings would
> probably come in as raster just like .txt files...
>
> Nonetheless, and excellent program. ALL programs should have similar
> "arrow" keys in the menu bar for "Browsing" all drawings in a file.
>
> Chris L
>
> Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:
>
> >Hi to the list,
> >
> >I just made a happy discovery! I use Vector CAD/CAM to generate gcode
> >for my parts, and occasionally CutViewer to check out the code for the
> >"more complex" parts. After fully "machining" a Sole Plate (base) in
> >CutViewer for my current steam engine project, I realized that I had a
> >nice, fully rendered bitmap pix of my part! As I DON'T have a 3D
> >modeling package like Edge (or the latest Vector w/modeling), I
> >attempted to print it out from my old copy of CutViewer. It doesn't
> >allow it. BUT, I can "Print Screen", and "paste" into IrfanView, a
> >great viewer for all types of pix. That works! I trimmed and saved it
> >as a JPG, and was then able to print it out!
> >
> > http://www.cutviewer.com/index.html
> >
> > http://www.irfanview.com/
> >

> >Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-12-04 18:23:45 UTC Solid Models? Chris L 2002-12-04 20:28:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solid Models? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-12-05 11:13:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solid Models?