CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Major Iron

on 2002-12-07 23:42:09 UTC
They are cool to watch run, but the numbers can be
misleading. Usually when people start throwing out numbers like that we
are talking one part from multiple feeders all the same size such as an
0805 or 1206. Then the distance from part to part is optimal for best
speed. Now when you enter real world. Well the parts come from many
different feeders and the machine has to slow down for the bigger finer
pitch parts. Example the speed you would do a 0805 is not the same speed
you would do a BGA 256's. So you have to look at the board you are going
to make and see what the real world time will be.

Note, parts that come in tube take a lot longer to load then parts
that come on tape and real.