CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepperati Mysteriosi

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2002-12-09 08:03:00 UTC
Correction MAE Italy. And it is probaly the 200 oz in motor with that
rating
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mariss Freimanis <mariss92705@...>
[mailto:mariss92705@...]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 6:26 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepperati Mysteriosi

Don,

What you have there is an MEA motor. Silver in color I'll bet. The motor
is 1.3A per phase (1.3 / fasi)

It probably is a standard PM hybrid 1.8 degree stepper. The 5V, 38V
stuff simply means the drive shown is a bi-level type. Most any drive
should do.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Don <donkiwi@y...>"
<donkiwi@y...> wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> I have 3 stepper motors (non-permanent magnet) which I have had
for
> some time and I could use some help in evaluating them for CNC use.
> The Motor Plate reads: "Motori ed Apparecchiature
> Elettriche s.p.a.
> Ivrea - Italia
> M 41200 - 125D
> N = 4 fasi A = 1.3 / fase"
> Weight is 4lb (1.8 kg). Length is 2.5 inches. Body diameter is 3.4
> inches. Does this make it a "34 frame" ? (By the way; it seems that
> NEMA specs are derived from NATO specs. Are these the same here ?)
> The 6 wires, and the hand-copied Driver Circuit Diagram (No Driver
> electronics) that came with the motors point to it being a 4 phase
> monopolar configuration with 1.8 degrees/step. (I assume that the
> simple on/off series transistors on each phase winding allow only
> monopolar configuration).
> I have a scanned image of the Driver Circuit Diagram, and of a few
> accompanying roughly-sketched connection sheets, but do not know
the
> protocol of posting files here, and can't work out how to upload to
> clickable URL anywhere. I can email to anyone obliging enough to
help.
> The Voltage supply options are 5V ("holding"), 12V ("step") & 38V
> ("return")! I have no idea what equipment it is from.
> (Hmmm... 12V step; 38V return... military equipment ?) :)
> I also imagine that the lack of a quoted Supply Voltage on the
Motor
> Plate suggests that a chopper circuit to regulate current would be
> employed, especially since there are series "sense" resistors in
the
> common legs to each phase-pair (The Driver Circuit Diagram is
> confusing on this point: There are two 12 Ohm, 25W resistors
mounted
> on a serious heat sink on the motor body and 15 Ohm, 4W (2x 30R, 2W
> in parallel) in the 12V supply, however, the 38V is shown as being
> switched directly through a darlington to each phase-pair common,
> connecting without series resistors.) ???
> I have no Controller information, but the digital signal names on
the
> diagram and rough "connection sheet" may be a clue to the Wise. My
> dumb questions: Is the designation on the Motor plate of "M41200" a
> recogised specification ? (Sanyo have a similar system). (..and
the "s.p.a." ?)
> What suitable Driver might be used for these motors (V, I-reg) ? Would

> the Voltage of Driver Circuits be critical if a chopper type
or
> other regulation of current at 1.3 Amps per phase was used ? What
> torque & power rating would be expected from the specs given?
>
> The motors also have a Moire-Fringe type pulse-transmitter on
their
> shaft (180 slots), which I imagine was used in feedback for a
closed
> loop controller.
> What interesting use might this facility be put to ?
> Is typical servo feedback of similar signal type ?
>
> Some Members may be encouraged to see my attempts at a "real-world"
> project, but I must disappoint them by saying that my MAD_CAM
Torque
> Amplifier project to which these motors have no connection is
coming
> along nicely in parallel. :)
> Any attempts to keep me on the straight-and-narrow path would be
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers. Don.

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
List Mom List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Don <donkiwi@y... 2002-12-09 01:52:05 UTC Stepperati Mysteriosi Mariss Freimanis <mariss92705@y... 2002-12-09 06:26:03 UTC Re: Stepperati Mysteriosi Dan Mauch 2002-12-09 08:03:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepperati Mysteriosi