CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Transformer comments

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-12-09 22:16:09 UTC
Dave Martindale wrote:

> (snip)
> Do you mean 85 degrees Fahrenheit? I suspect you may. If the transformer
> was cool at 2 A, it makes sense for it to be moderatly warm at 85 F at 4 A.
> However, at that temperature the transformer is just loafing. The safe
> transformer temperature suggested by several others is 80 degrees Celsius
> (centigrade), which is 176 degrees Fahrenheit.

Excellent stuff....... Thanks 80C came up earlier in the discussion. I found that they will put out 9 amps easily when combined as indicated below. Someone else suggested though that my AC test is not
"true" until I put the caps and bridges in. Either way, I think I am set to run all 3 of these in one box, easily capable of feeding 3 drives 6-7 amps.
I am soooo happy :-)

> You just got the phasing of the secondary windings wrong. You need to
> connect the two ends that become positive at the same time together, and the
> two ends that become negative at the same time together, to use the windings
> in parallel.

Got that figured out tonight. Jan also pointed that out. Thanks bunches to all !

Discussion Thread

Dave Martindale 2002-12-09 12:42:48 UTC Transformer comments Chris L 2002-12-09 22:16:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Transformer comments