CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC mill DC motor field wiring

on 2002-12-14 09:51:33 UTC
Thanks for the replies. I will probably just leave the field at 200V
for right now. I was just concerned that perhaps I was running a
100V field at 200V and didn't want to burn out the windings. But
probably a 5HP motor would have a 200V field and I am doing things
correctly. I guess I could trace through the wiring on the broken 3
phase powered DC motor control to see what field voltage it supplied,
but I am ok with a top end speed of 1800 to 2000 rpm anyway.

Richard

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Seddon" <peter@s...>
wrote:
> The other thing to watch with low field conditons is flashover on
the
> brushgear - festive (much light and sound) but dangerous and
destructive. I
> would limit the field voltage variation to no more than half rated
value and
> some may feel that is overgenerous.
>
> Regards Peter

Sanyo
> > > Denki Co.
> > >
> > > Anyway, it works just fine, except I don't know if it is
rotating as
> > > fast as it was designed. The field resistance is about 116
ohms, so
> > > I figured it had to be 200V. Would it hurt things to run it at
> > > 100V? I guess it is going to give reduced torque and double?
the

wanliker@a...
> > > Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
> > >
> > > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it
> if
> > you have trouble.
> > > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for
> OT
> > subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> > >
> > > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > > bill
> > > List Mom
> > > List Owner
> > >

> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > >

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

skykotechnologies <skykotechnologies@y... 2002-12-13 08:25:08 UTC CNC mill DC motor field wiring Jon Elson 2002-12-13 09:31:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC mill DC motor field wiring Brian 2002-12-13 16:50:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC mill DC motor field wiring Peter Seddon 2002-12-14 03:49:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC mill DC motor field wiring skykotechnologies <skykotechnologies@y... 2002-12-14 09:51:33 UTC Re: CNC mill DC motor field wiring