CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: In need of a vacuum system for router with a lot of Z travel

on 2002-12-16 19:31:10 UTC
Perhaps a collapsible skirt around the router bit like a bit of adequately supported collapsible hose or a long annular brush would do. Hopefully someone can give you a better suggestion.

Now thats some router bit, where do you get 6" long router bits?

Regards
Bob Thomas

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tig415 <tig416@e...>" <tig416@e...> wrote:

> Hi
> I have a router with 15" of Z-axis travel. I'm starting to mess
> around with 3D work and I'm in the process of carving a piece that's
> 5" tall. I'm using a 6" long router bit. The vacuum attachment I was
> using was designed for flat sheet. I need to come up with some sort
> of rig that will clear the piece I'm carving yet will provide enough
> enclosure so the vacuum will suck.
> Any one have any brainstorms on this. I'm not looking for detailed
> instructions just a nudge in the right direction. Unless of course
> you have the time to give detailed instructions in which case I'm all
> ears.
> Thanks

Discussion Thread

tig415 <tig416@e... 2002-12-16 14:48:28 UTC In need of a vacuum system for router with a lot of Z travel echnidna <echnidna@y... 2002-12-16 19:31:10 UTC Re: In need of a vacuum system for router with a lot of Z travel tig415 <tig416@e... 2002-12-17 03:08:12 UTC Re: In need of a vacuum system for router with a lot of Z travel echnidna <echnidna@y... 2002-12-17 03:14:49 UTC Long router bit was Re: In need of a vacuum system for router with a lot of Z