CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: CAD question

Posted by John Harnedy
on 2000-02-12 01:31:06 UTC
Charles,
What u are looking for appears to be some 2D cad package with additional
mechanical cad productivity features.
Suggest u go for AutoCAD LT, with MechSoft for AutoCAD LT. Actually we
sell both, as i work for a CAD/CAM dealer, but unfortunately that is in
Malaysia, so not very local!!!.
Check out www.mechsoft.com, a 30 day demo is available.
If u need any further info or guidance, email me.

John
PS how is the Stepster enhancements going, keep up the good work.

> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:35:08 -0500
> From: Charles Gallo <Charlie@...>
> Subject: CAD Question
>
> OK,
> We've spent a LOT of time talking about CNC, a tad on EDM, a bit on CAM,
> but now, how about a CAD question.
>
> For years, I've played with CAD. YEARS ago I tried CADKEY (Lets talk 286
> era here), and I played with Autocad back at a job many years ago (Rev 7 if
> I remember right), but at home, on my very limited budget, I've mostly
> played with DesignCad. The thing is, I keep going back to pencil and
> paper, because I don't like how the CAD systems work! I don't know if I'm
> missing a feature somewhere, or what but...
>
> What I want to do is what is really 2d CAD, sort of. I want to be able to
> do the classic 3 view drawing. Most of the CAD programs have a way to hide
> hidden lines - I don't want to hide them, I want them shown, AS HIDDEN
> LINES. I want center lines shown in side views of holes, I want the center
> x shown on the end view of a hole. When I draw a feature on the front
> view, I want the system to interpret this as best as it can to the side and
> top views, and then when I draw a line that matches up on the side (or top)
> view, I want it to understand what I did, and match it up, and fix up the
> third view. Heck, it would be nice if the system showed construction lines
> to help you draw the extra views, just like you do with paper and
> pencil. It would also be nice that once you have all three views done, the
> system would be able to give you a 3d view, like and isometric!
>
> Is there anything out there like this?
>
> Charlie
>
> -->
> RKBA!
> PGP Fingerprint: 7218 67D7 54B8 EFAF 67B7 4FED 7AC5 3687 492C 7382
> PGP Key at http://www.thegallos.com/pgp.htm

Discussion Thread

John Harnedy 2000-02-12 01:31:06 UTC RE: CAD question