CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A question about parallel port

on 2003-01-02 17:02:14 UTC
Hi Sandro,

I hate to sound sharp, but I solved this by getting Master5.

Art is a member of this list and has spend a year trying to do what
you are talking about. I imagine he may now have less hair than me !

Master5 is a Windows 98 program and sells or between $100 and $150.
it would be well worth looking into.

www.artofcnc.ca

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Mail List <mlist@t...> wrote:
> Hi all. I joined this group some days ago in order to solve a
problem:
> many (almost all) stepper controllers interface with pc via the
parallel
> port. Usually
> each motor use 2 bits of the LPTx port. To move one motor one must
raise the
> step bit, keep it high for a while and then clearing the bit.
>
> The frequency of this sequence determine the motor speed.
>
> This is not difficult with the outp() functions in W9.x. But what
about
> moving two or more motors at different speeds in the same time ?? I
mean:
> moving motors at speeds that are not multiple of each other. One
have to
> raise differents bits of LPT port and keep them high for different
times.
> Does anybody ever encountered this problem ? I have to drive 4
motors (2
> couples of two motors) and I don't know how to get reliable results.
> Accurate waiting functions in W9.x is a must but this is another
(and very
> difficult) problem.
>
> I'm just wandering how to solve this problem because it's the last
problem
> to solve in order to get my foam cutting machine working.
>
> Thanks anyway for your opinions or suggestions !
>
> Sandro

Discussion Thread

Mail List 2003-01-02 11:26:25 UTC A question about parallel port turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-01-02 17:02:14 UTC Re: A question about parallel port Chris Baugher 2003-01-02 19:08:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A question about parallel port torsten98001 <torsten@g... 2003-01-03 03:46:28 UTC Re: A question about parallel port Mail List 2003-01-03 05:50:40 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A question about parallel port