CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit

Posted by al
on 2003-01-06 17:48:32 UTC
Thank you for your replies yes it is a bipolar and only a 4 wire :(
greatful for your comments. al

-------Original Message-------

From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Date: 07 January 2003 00:55:15
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit

These are handy little kits .. great for experimentation. However,
they work only with unipolar motors. I believe the original
poster was looking for cheap bipolar drivers. :)

Ron Yost

At 05:33 PM 1/6/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Al,
> The cheapest way to run a small stepper is with a kit from
>HTTP://www.qkits.com Look for their item QK109. This is complete
>with all components for US $15. It's based on a UCN5804b driver chip
>that is good for 1.25 Amp at up to 36 volts. There is an onboard 555
>pulse generator with control pot to allow continious running at
>variable speeds. The unit includes a single step push button switch,
>along with a slide switch for direction. Also included are 2
>configuration slide switches to allow setting for full, half, or wave
>stepping. The board has an onboard 7805 regulator and filtering to
>provide +5 volts to its logic section. (You may need to replace this
>with a "Low DropOut regulator to run on 6v battery)
>
>With simple mods you can run this with step/direction signals from a
>parallel port, or from a pic processor. I am us 5 of these to run
>NEMA 23 and 32 motors on a 5 axis milling gantry. A friend of mine
>uses one to run focus on about a 10 inch reflector scope. He uses a
>Pic 16F84 to provide step/direction signals. The F84 is also used to
>remember the home focus position for various eyepieces.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Bob Hinze

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts
metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON
T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner