CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Wire EDM Power Supplies - book URL

on 2003-01-26 20:27:19 UTC
I am not sure if the current book by Robert includes all the stuff in
the upcomming articles.

the new book is 125 pages, the origional is only about 54 pages.

http://www.okdpm.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnoploc8
This is the only link I found that lists the 'new' book with 125
pages. All the others list the 54 pages, even the publisher.

It seems this technology is guarded at the moment. Those in the know
are probably making commerical units or selling books and plans. I
have yet to find free and open source detailed information.

The other plans site is the one mentioned
http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "oreminer2000
<oreminer2000@y...>" <oreminer2000@y...> wrote:
> Listers,
>
> First time out.
>
> I want to build a simple, robust and cheap one axis Wire EDM
machine
> to cut off hard materials like tool steel. A cut rate of 0.050
> inches / minute is fast enough for a 1/4-inch thick piece of stock.
>
> I'd like to know if anyone here knows what the power supplies are
> like on a typical small wire EDM machine. What is the waveform that
> is normally used? What are the Amps and Volts? I'll be using
> distilled or de-ionized water and the parts will be submerged.
>
> If someone can supply these answers it would be much appreciated.
Or,
> failing that, if someone could direct me to where I can find some
> information on this topic.
>
> I've done a search on your Archives, but did not turn anything up,
> unless I missed it.
>
> Tried posting this before, but it may have gotten hung up somewhere.
>
> Arch

Discussion Thread

oreminer2000 <oreminer2000@y... 2003-01-26 00:35:33 UTC Wire EDM Power Supplies Steven Trovato 2003-01-26 13:32:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wire EDM Power Supplies Jerry Kimberlin 2003-01-26 17:10:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wire EDM Power Supplies Jon Elson 2003-01-26 17:40:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wire EDM Power Supplies turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-01-26 20:27:19 UTC Re: Wire EDM Power Supplies - book URL