CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Step&Direction & servo

justjuha wrote:

>I'm looking for step & direction signal converter to +-10 V for servo
>amplifiers or the whole servo driver accepting the mentioned control
>signals.
>In my case, the servos are brushed DC motors. Protection fuses for
>them are 35 A. For a feedback from the motor, there are three
>resolvers (fine, medium and coarse) for position control and one
>tacho for speed control.
>Is there any drives / converters like Rutex's products (e.g. types
>R997A or R90) http://www.rutex.com/home/servo.htm ?
>Othervise they probably are fine exept they do not accept the
>feedback I have (at least I think so).

I don't think you are going to find any modern system that needs, or
uses, 3 resolvers.
What a mess! I think you would do well to pull those out, and replace
with a good
shaft encoder. You can use a step and direction converting drive like
the Gecko,
but you don't get position feedback to the computer that way. If you
intend to use
the existing servo amps with their +/- 10 V velocity command signals,
why not
use a servo control system directly? EMC supports the Servo-to-Go card,
or my
parallel port motion control set.

justjuha <juha.keisala@n... 2003-01-29 05:54:52 UTC Step&Direction & servo Jon Elson 2003-01-29 10:40:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Step&Direction & servo