CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: gecko and brakes

on 2003-01-29 17:20:01 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "sparkazoid2001 <mark@c...>"
<mark@c...> wrote:
> in my quest to cnc my brigeport type mill a friend who has a
centroid
> machine was concerned about braking for the servos?
> --mark

If you power the Knee of the machine instead of the quill and
you are planning on using ballscrews then you will have to
consider this.
It will make a difference if you use any additional gearing too.
The More direct the gearing is toward the ballscrew the more of
a chance there is that backdriving will happen when the servos
are powered down.
The lead of the screw used and the weight of the table will
determine how much backdriving force is exerted.
Good Luck

Discussion Thread

sparkazoid2001 <mark@c... 2003-01-29 12:51:57 UTC gecko and brakes torsten98001 <torsten@g... 2003-01-29 17:20:01 UTC Re: gecko and brakes