CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SPC into computer?

Posted by Chris Baugher
on 2003-01-30 18:51:39 UTC
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Chris and Dee <brunoblazer@...> wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody has ever used the SPC output from the
> digital caliper style DRO's as input into their computer?

I think it has been done but you would have to build the electronics
yourself.

> Even better would be to create a board that could then output the serial
> info in quadrature format so that it could be read by Mach1?

That could be done as well but would be pretty useless since the output
rate of the calipers is only 50 readings/second, not nearly fast enough
for CNC.

> Not being well versed in the electronics of that, I could be way off
> base, though. Any comments, suggestions or ideas?

www.wttool.com sells a 3-axis display box for like $250 that reads those
calipers.

Discussion Thread

Chris and Dee <brunoblazer@y... 2003-01-30 10:36:10 UTC SPC into computer? Lee Studley <indigo_red@q... 2003-01-30 13:13:53 UTC Re: SPC into computer? Chris Baugher 2003-01-30 18:51:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SPC into computer?