CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone want surplus electro/mechanical/pneu parts?

on 2003-02-04 09:17:37 UTC
Hi Todd,

Like your web site, how much would you want for the Taig mill? I was
hoping to build my one but time and space seem to be a rare thing here
:(

Regards,
Malcolm

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Ferrante <tf0z@...>
[mailto:tf0z@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 9:15 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone want surplus electro/mechanical/pneu
parts?

I have a Taig mill and lathe, so I usually post on the "taigtools"
board. I have subscribed to this board for a while because I intend
to convert my mill and lathe to CNC at some point. I moved from an
apartment to a
house back in June. Since then I've been doing more with my
woodworking tools than my metalworking tools. I was planning to
spend the darkest winter months setting up my metal shop in my
basement, but my company had a little surprise waiting for me when I
got back after Christmas. Two days after we got back they told
everyone our location was shutting down. I have until March 30 to
find a new job. Until then, we are transferring our knowledge to the
company headquarters in San Diego, and helping throw most everything
HQ doesn't want into the dumpster.

Our location did design, prototyping and limited production of
automation equipment for the semiconductor industry. I have been
dumpster diving for all kinds of good stuff that will eventually make
its way into homemade CNC machines for my shop (where ever it ends
up). Other stuff will make its way onto ebay. There are some other
odds and ends that may be too much trouble to put on ebay, but that
people here may want.

>From time to time, I was thinking of posting some stuff on the
taigtools and this
board. I'd give it away to whoever will pay for shipping and maybe
trade me some cool stuff for it. The post subject could start: "For
trade:" or something like that. I'd probably start off with a couple
DC servo motors, a long glass encoder, and a long ball screw. I'd
put digital pics on my personal site and link to them in the message
post.

Anyone interested? Would it be OK to do this on this board?

And does anyone know of a job opening for a mechanical engineer
interested in robotics and automation? My resume is available on my
website: www.wideopenwest.com/~toddf

Todd F.

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
List Mom List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Todd Ferrante <tf0z@w... 2003-02-04 06:15:11 UTC Anyone want surplus electro/mechanical/pneu parts? wanliker@a... 2003-02-04 09:07:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone want surplus electro/mechanical/pneu parts? Malcolm Kynoch 2003-02-04 09:17:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone want surplus electro/mechanical/pneu parts?