CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Router_Way

Posted by High Tech
on 2003-02-09 08:48:31 UTC
Hi John,
It is very feasible. I have seen a router made from Hex aluminum. The person
who made it, is part of my group the Denver CNC Club. But he used 3 pieces,
same size, of the hex on each side and made a simulated dovetail instead of
using bearings. Very precise but needs more power to move just like a mill.
If you put another piece of hex same size as top on the bottom and added
another bearing it would work. He did one like what you are doing with 3
point contact. 2 on top 1 in center on bottom. I think he even used skate
bearings. The more precise the bearing the less play you will have.
Go for it, it will work.
Derek B.

Discussion Thread

johncrad <John.Craddock@x... 2003-02-08 20:18:21 UTC Router_Way High Tech 2003-02-09 08:48:31 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Router_Way