CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] shuddering stepper

Posted by Chris L
on 2003-02-09 20:30:54 UTC
Heroaku,
Is this Z axis connected to a mechanism ? Some step drives will resonate
if not connected to any resistive force.

If it is connected, Try swapping the known good working axis components
one at a time into the axis that is acting up.
Start with the driver swap, Check both the last good axis and the one
giving trouble. Then, if that does the very same thing in Z, try using
the Step-Dir lines from a different axis to feed the drive. That is the
best place to start.

Chris L

heroaku wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have the x-axis and y-axis of the stepper driver (using G201's)
>working nicely, the the z-axis only produce "shuddering"
>movements/sounds (violent motion but net movement = 0)
>
>What is this symtom of and where should I start looking to correct
>the problem. The stepper seem to be wired correctly.

Discussion Thread

heroaku <heroaku@y... 2003-02-09 17:39:04 UTC shuddering stepper Chris L 2003-02-09 20:30:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] shuddering stepper heroaku <heroaku@y... 2003-02-10 22:48:15 UTC Re: shuddering stepper