CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ballscrew Installation

Andrew Werby wrote:

> From: Andrew Werby <drewid@...>
>
> Message: 19
> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:00:56 -0800
> From: "Bob Campbell" <bob@...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Ballscrew Installation issues
>
> Andrew,
>
> I would make sure that the X and the Y assemblies have the same number
> of
> turns per inch.
>
> [Thanks Bob, that makes sense. I suppose it's possible to use a
> different
> ballscrew for the z-axis assembly, since it doesn't have to
> coordinate in
> quite the same way? How does one tell EMC (or CNC Pro) to take the
> difference into account? Can I use a different motor on the z-axis as
> well?
> ]

It ,really doesn't matter. The software should be capable of handling
any
differences in the screw pitch, etc. There really is no need to match
them,
unless the software is not flexible enough to set different resolutions
for
each axis. Since some people may compensate for long-term errors in
the screw pitch in the resolution settings, it would be likely that most

software allows you to set a different resolution for each axis.

Andrew Werby 2000-02-22 03:16:21 UTC Ballscrew Installation Jon Elson 2000-02-22 12:20:16 UTC Re: Ballscrew Installation