CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

more on estop switches (was Re: Advice needed

on 2003-02-12 05:50:22 UTC
Hi Ballendo,

I have end switches, these are hard off, kills Gecko's (#7 pin). not
quite as elaborate as your setup, but I am not controlling spindle as
it is for a drill press. (I'm doing some heavy maintence and up-
grades and will add spindle control in the next few weeks)

I am putting M00 so I can set the M00 where the desired number of
holes are drilled. then pause to change tool. this is program
originated.

Under Dave K's recommendation, I'm adding M70's in a multitude of
places and putting a switch on the table for a manual pause. Since
the M70 will finish the current line, then pause, it allows the stop
to be at the top of the drill cycle as it passes from drilling to
moving to the next spot. This pause would be good for chip
clearance, tool inspection, tool change etc. These are user
originated.

E- does stand for emergency, but the question comes up about
something like a 'pause program immediately', but not lose your place
and allow a resume.

I am lucky enough to have a friend let me use his Bridgeport CNC to
make some stepper brackets and love the rigidity of the machine. I'm
putting single pass circles in 1/2 thick aluminum.

The pendant holds the program sent from the PC, and allows a soft
stop, or freeze if you will, then it allows a resume. I think this
is a feature many people want as it comes up often enough.

I will want it on my PCB etcher (Since getting the T-tech that
project is low priority) as if I see some sort of problem mid program
and want to check something, but may not want to abort. I don't know
if you have cut a PCB, but you would not want to re-start if there
was any other way.

E stands for emergency, and that should not be changed. unlike auto
speed limits that mean 'kinda-sorta-close to this speed... if you
feel like'. Limit in our sense would also be a textbook definition,
up to but no further.

Seems like we need that pause or Freeze in addition to the E-stop as
that is what a lot of us home-brew would use.

Dave

BTW,

Here is the Servo url
http://www.servoproductsco.com/cnc2.htm

Here are the Servo G-codes (2 pages)
http://www.servoproductsco.com/tips_pdf/80849_focus-
on_servo_cnc_codes_&_formats.pdf

(probably should have posted those on the other thread)

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo <ballendo@y...>"
<ballendo@y...> wrote:
> Dave,list,
>
> Most safety standards REQUIRE that the estop NOT be momentary...
>
> That is why most switches sold as estop require turning the face of
> the knowb to reset. Older switches could be pulled out, but newer
> safety regulations have made these obsolete on comemrcial equipment.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ballendo
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude
> <davemucha@j...>" <davemucha@j...> wrote:
> <snip>
> >also, the e-stop is not required to be a momentary. as long as it
> >is open the units will not run. so it could be a hard off.

Discussion Thread

Tom Murray <thomasm923@a... 2003-02-07 05:02:32 UTC Advice needed - Mariss' e-stop circuit turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-07 06:59:18 UTC Re: Advice needed - Mariss' e-stop circuit Tom Murray <thomasm923@a... 2003-02-07 08:15:16 UTC Re: Advice needed - Mariss' e-stop circuit turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-07 09:04:20 UTC Re: Advice needed - Mariss' e-stop circuit ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-02-12 04:09:51 UTC estop switches was Re: Advice needed - Mariss' e-stop circuit dcdziner 2003-02-12 04:25:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] estop switches was Re: Advice needed - Mariss' e-stop circuit turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-12 05:50:22 UTC more on estop switches (was Re: Advice needed ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-02-12 08:19:58 UTC more on estop switches (was Re: Advice needed